Once the Registration Entity is enabled to issue the Mobile idCAT, it is necessary to:
- Those responsible for interoperability give us the corresponding permissions to the operators .
- Operators check that they can access EACAT with their idCAT operator card.
Once the interoperability manager of the entity has given them the permissions to carry out the procedures, the operators to enter the EACAT, using the ER idCAT operator card.
1. Once at EACAT we go to “VIA OBERTA” and, there, to “Generalitat de Catalunya”:
2. Then in "Consorci AOC":
3. Below in “Digital Identity Services of Catalonia”:
4. And, finally, access the form that we will have to fill in with the citizen's data:
5. To finish the process, we will have to click on "Send" and print two copies of the acceptance sheet that will appear:
- A copy for the citizen
- A copy, signed by the citizen, in the file of the ER idCAT
Order PRE/226/2016, of August 29, which regulates the technical and organizational aspects of the prior registration process in the file Electronic Headquarters of the Administration of the Generalitat of Catalonia necessary for the systems of identification and signature based on agreed keys, determined in its art. 4 that "In order to register the contact data in the Seu electronica file and for the identification and signature through the idCAT Mobile mechanism, it is necessary to verify the identity of the interested persons as well as the provision of minimal and necessary data to the effect.”
On the other hand, the art. 5 specifically regulates the face-to-face registration process and determines that "The face-to-face registration process consists of two phases, the identification and subsequent recording of the contact data in the Seu electronica file."
Regarding the identification phase, art. 5.3.1. determines that:
" a ) The persons who request the in-person registration must be identified by means of one of the documents indicated in article 4.1, b) of this Order. All documents provided by the applicant must be valid at the time of registration. If the document provided has expired, you must provide proof of renewal.
b ) The identification of the applicant and his age are verified with the identification document he presents . Documents that do not include the person's photograph are not accepted. In the event that a renewal voucher is presented that does not contain a photograph, the identity verification can be completed using the expired document.
c ) People who do not meet the requirements of age or familiarity with the photograph cannot be registered."
It follows from the literalness of the precept that to carry out the registration it is only necessary to verify the accreditation of the identity by means of the DNI (or any other means indicated by the Order: NIE, passport, etc.) provided by the citizen. In other words, it would be sufficient for the official to validate the subject's identity by checking his identification document.
However, despite the fact that the Order does not expressly require that a copy of the identification document be recorded in the file, in application of the principle of legal certainty it is recommended to incorporate it, because only then, and if necessary, will it be possible verify afterwards that the citizen provided the document to verify his identity.
It should also be noted that with Law 39/2015, and more specifically with its article 16.5, documents presented in person before the Public Administrations must be digitized . The citizen can go to the Administration with physical documents, but this paper will not enter the Administration because, given that the files must be electronic, the paper documentation will be digitized beforehand .
In short, the regulations do not require the incorporation of a photocopy but only the verification of the citizen's identity, however, in application of the principle of legal security it is recommended that evidence of this verification be incorporated into the file, that by application of Law 39/2015, it must be electronic.
If a citizen goes in person to the Registration Entity requesting enrollment in idCAT Mobile and the tool indicates that the phone is already registered for another citizen, it can be treated on a case-by-case basis:
- The citizen knows the person who is using his mobile: Ask the citizen to refer to this FAQ How can I modify my mobile idCAT data?
- The citizen does not know the person who is using his mobile phone: Ask the citizen to open a support request through the mobile idCAT support form . In the request, the citizen must attach the invoice or the telephone contract where his name is written, in order to verify the ownership of the telephone number.
From the AOC Consortium's User Service Center we will review the request, and depending on the documentation provided we will require more information or we will deregister the mobile phone registered to another citizen:
- If the contract is in the name of the citizen who has gone to the Registration Entity, from the AOC we will ask to cancel the previous idCAT Mobile so that the citizen who has proven to be the owner of the mobile can be registered , keeping all the evidence.
- If the contract is not in the name of the citizen, but is in the name of the father, for example, or a first-degree relative, the AOC will request the citizen's family book.
- If the phone is in the name of the company, we will ask for the employment contract.
- Other cases will be studied individually.
From the AOC Consortium User Service Center we will contact the citizen through the request that will be opened to inform us of any necessary requirement or resolution of the issue.